408MT Metal Demo

Suppalak Klabdee

PRSi in Black Gold with binding for life
Did record some quick demo of what 408MT could do regarding "Metal" in the mix. I chose to play what I considered to be my icon of Metal rhythm, James Hetfield's tone!

So here they are. 408 Treble pup all the way in full bucker. Vol max, Tone max.

PRS 408MT BRW neck&board
Mesa Boogie Mark V head (in Mark IV mode)
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cabinet

Recorded with Panasonic Lumix GH-2 + Lumix G X Vario 12-35mm f/2.8
In camera mic. (too lazy to mix the recorded audio to the Video, I have another GAS for a new MacPro!!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew they always could .....prs are the most versatile guitar IMO . My DGT mostly has metallica played in it as well as other metal.

I had a conversation with a store manager that sold me my dgt. She tried to say that prs is not a metal guitar and can't handle drop tuning. I laughed at her and ordered it anyways. Got it in finally and played master of puppets right out of the box lmao.

Oh and on July 5/2013 I was at the Vans warp tour in toronto ,Ontario . Jake Pitts from black veil brides was sporting a cu24 in drop c....hehe

I knew they always could .....prs are the most versatile guitar IMO . My DGT mostly has metallica played in it as well as other metal.

I had a conversation with a store manager that sold me my dgt. She tried to say that prs is not a metal guitar and can't handle drop tuning. I laughed at her and ordered it anyways. Got it in finally and played master of puppets right out of the box lmao.

Oh and on July 5/2013 I was at the Vans warp tour in toronto ,Ontario . Jake Pitts from black veil brides was sporting a cu24 in drop c....hehe

Yes, PRS could do metal (well Paul Allender is a metal guitarist after all ^ ^). It just seems that the 408 have not been quite well known to have Metal tone in it. I have not seen a 408 demo that focus on "metal" and seems like a few others are wondering too. So I just do it for fun ^ ^ This is one of the most versatile guitar I have ever laid my hands on.

Have not tried drop tuning yet but that is not my normal territory anyway ^ ^

NICE !!!! :)
Yea PRS can't do metal tell David Navaro and Mark Tremonti that

Sounded great. You did a wonderful job. Great looking guitar too. :rock:

Awesome! Digging the tone and the playing. Certainly digging the axe. I love 408's too.

I see no reason a 408 couldn't "do" metal. When mine arrives, it immediately becomes my primary guitar for shows. I'm in a cover band, and we play pretty much anything (from Zac Brown to Blackstreet to Sublime to Weezer to Metallica to Tool). The whole reason I wanted a 408 is because, with the flick of a switch or two, it can go from "strat" to "tele" to "les paul" to "jackson" and cover it all. Kudos for sharing that it can (easily) be done!

Can't wait to rip through "Holy Wars" on my 408!!!!!!!! :rock:

:rock:
Great right hand DOWN PICKING on Puppets! Nice-n-tight. :five:
The Mighty Het would be proud!

I have to wonder if this particular store manager happened to work at a certain large chain store. I've visited several of this particular chain's establishments in my local area and have found by and large that the employees and managers seem to suffer from "recto-cranial disease". :biggrin:

Back