408 Pickup Pole Orientation

Gtrpkr

On most (all?) twin humbucker guitars the screw pole pieces of the neck and bridge pickups are on the fretboard side and bridge side, respectively. I noticed on the 408 that the screw pole pieces are on the bridge side on both pickups. Does anyone know why the neck pickup isn't oriented "normally"?

Well I never noticed that before , I have rotated a few over the years seems just for fun sounded better ( brighter ) on my SCT

On most (all?) twin humbucker guitars the screw pole pieces of the neck and bridge pickups are on the fretboard side and bridge side, respectively. I noticed on the 408 that the screw pole pieces are on the bridge side on both pickups. Does anyone know why the neck pickup isn't oriented "normally"?

Could be because they're purpose-designed to fit that position; could be because they're narrower and sense a smaller piece of the string?

Just guessing here, but PRS certainly know what they're doing.

Back