3-Way Push/Pull

Thanks for the reply.

Now that I think of it, I would prefer to wire it up slightly different than the McCarty.

I will need two push/pull pots so I can have the option of splitting the coils of a specific pickup rather than having to split them both.

I just wanted to make it as simple as possible. I don't have much experience in wiring everything up from scratch. I will probably just have it done at the local repair place. I want it to be done right and look pretty.LOL.

I also plan on swapping out the pickups although it is causing stress just thinking about what the hell to get.... I usually keep my guitars stock but the dragons are not working for me.

I think I may go to Mark Brown (ex Doobie Brothers Tech) he is walking distance from me in Campbell, CA.

...I will need two push/pull pots so I can have the option of splitting the coils of a specific pickup rather than having to split them both.

...the dragons are not working for me.

...I think I may go to Mark Brown (ex Doobie Brothers Tech) he is walking distance from me in Campbell, CA.

I have a CE24 wired with two push/pulls. Great options there. The bridge split and the neck full humbucker is a really sweet tone IMO. The bridge full hum and the neck split is a good one for leads.

If you have Dragon 2's I understand. If you have Dragon 1's I think you're nuts! :confused:

You have a great resource in your neighborhood!:)

FYI: Message from PRS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Chuck,

Thanks for contacting PRS Guitars.

The McCarty drop in was designed to be used with the vintage style hookup wires on the McCarty pickups.

Thanks,

Sean

Sean Littleton
Paul Reed Smith Guitars, Ltd.
Customer and Technical Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 6:56 PM
To: Paul Reed Smith Customer Service <[email protected]>
Subject: 3-Way Push/Pull Question

Hello,

What is the difference between your 3-Way Push/Pull drop-in and your McCarty drop-in?

I have a custom 22 that I want to convert.

Thanks,

Hope to hear from you soon!

Back