3 Songs

Bark at the moon - Jake E Lee
Love Song - Tesla
Panama - Van Halen

Honorable mention - The Rain Song - LZ

If you like the rain song, do a YouTube search for Tony Franklin playing the rain song on fretless bass. It's amazing!!! He's my favorite bass player

Last edited:
At la casa
Bleed it Dry-Alter Bridge (imo one of Tremonti's best solos)
One Last Breath-Creed (easy, but super nice clean riff)
Nightrain-Guns N' Roses (gets me going every time)

At church
Endless Praise-Planetshakers (Love playing this song and jumping around onstage)
I Surrender-Hillsong (Love to sing and play it acoustically)
No One Like You-Crowder (Super fun song with dinky little riff, youth kids love it)

Hmmm, let's see what comes to mind...

"Just What I Needed" by The Cars is a long time favorite. Such a well-crafted tune that's fun to play and one of very few solos I play note-for-note. Elliot Easton just nailed it; I love all those double stops.
]

How that dude got away with playing country guitar licks and solos in a new wave band is beyond me, but he pulled it off so perfectly and that solo in JWIN is proof.

In Public
1) any slow blues format song
2) any moderate tempo blues format song
3) My instrumental version of "Moves Like Jagger"

In Private
1) Girl From Ipanema
2) Catalina Kiss - Acoustic Alchemy
3) Can't Find My way Home - Blind Faith

So hard to pick just 3, but currently:

• The Healing - Gary Clark, Jr
  • Purple Rain - because who doesn’t love playing this?
  • Make It Rain - Ed Sheeran

here we go with the alternative stuff again.....sorry guys;

Exit - U2
Strange Face of Love - Tito & Tarantula
Go With The Flow - Queens Of The Stone Age

Right now...

Goodbye To Romance - Ozzy (it's an evergreen for me)
Watermelon In Easter Hay - Frank Zappa
Parasite - Kiss

Cool Kiss choice!

Thanks - that one nagged at me for years to learn it and record it. Finally did around the time the Ace covers album came out. I did a mix of just the backing track - there are a few sections that are great exercises for timing because everything else drops out and I really have to be on top of things for everything to kick back in correctly.

I was a huge Kiss fan when I was younger. There is no doubt that as much grief as they take, that have some really good songs. That is one of my favs!

Back