2x CU24, same problem

• Thread starter Deleted member 15396
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15396

Hi Guys,

Recording: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mi494itqvrp7vcn/Record-001.aac?dl=0 (recorded by microwave)
Played on B string, frets 9th to 11th, as you can hear the note A starts to "squeal", it's very noticeable on overdrive. Also note A on 14th fret G string has shorter sustain.

At the beginning of December last year I've bought CU24 (year '15). It has a "issue", I've returned it and get money back. I've bought another one, got it few days ago (same specs, year '16). It turned out that this new one has exactly the same issue! In fact no2 is much better, no1 was 'squealing' like crazy. I'm starting to wonder if there something wrong with me or with those guitars :) I want to ask about your thoughts about that, because I've heard various opinions about that and I feel bit confused. Guitar no1 was inspected by PRS UK service and they admitted that it's a fault and offered replacement but they didn't had guitar at that time so I've asked for refund. I've showed it to few luthiers and some said it will be gone after some time. Some people are even saying that it's normal thing and I shouldn't be worried.

Any opinion appreciated.
Thanks

Back