I did consider the SE Holcomb, but I couldn't bring myself to like the 'brisket burst' finish or quilt top - so I got a Schecter KM-6 instead (which I mostly like except for the toggle switch is too hidden behind the volume pot) - so naturally this made me more determined than ever to find my dream PRS SE double cut.I guess I should probably just mod my 2016 SE Custom 22 since apart from the wide thin neck carve, with mods, its probably the closest I will ever get to perfect. I was just hoping I could buy something stock from the SE line that didn't have so many compromises.
Try playing a 30th anniversary SE CU 24. The neck carve sits in between my wide fat and wide thin.

Bro, used Cu22, hit me up if you don't mind something that's seen a little PTC work. I may be your Huckleberry.
I'm sure this offer is genuine, but since Mikegarveyblues lives in the UK apparently, exporting a guitar with rosewood will probably turn out to be a minor nightmare. If you guys do arrange something, keep us aware of the hoops you needed to jump through, it will undoubtedly be useful info.

I like the added binding on the Santana Standard. Still wish those adopted the control layout and 24 fret necks that his signature SE got... not that it makes a ton of sense to retool for exactly one sale but, still.

I may be misreading your post, but the SE is a 22, the core a 24. I wish they'd do a 22 fret core Santana, personally. Would love one wiht the new Charcoal Cherry Burst. My dealer has a McCarty with that color (wood library edition), and it is stunning.

I may be misreading your post, but the SE is a 22, the core a 24. I wish they'd do a 22 fret core Santana, personally. Would love one wiht the new Charcoal Cherry Burst. My dealer has a McCarty with that color (wood library edition), and it is stunning.

His other SE is a 24

Bro, used Cu22, hit me up if you don't mind something that's seen a little PTC work. I may be your Huckleberry.

Massively appreciate the offer Bodia, but the majority of this purchase will be on finance with an SE sized deposit to keep the repayments low.

I’ve seen a few used 22’s turn up in the shops in what looks like excellent condition so i’ll Have to see what happens there. Have a few other models on my ‘try list’. Some are PRS and some are, err...

Wouldn’t mind seeing a pic of that C22 though... :)

A little side note, I'm happy to see the 24-08 in the official catalog this year. I see them regularly on Sweetwater, along with other "secret menu" type items, like CU24 semi hollows, etc. I've been a big fan of that switching for a long time, have done it on 2 SE's via a pair of push-pulls, but the same idea, the ability to switch each pickup independently to give every possible combination. Nice!

Massively appreciate the offer Bodia, but the majority of this purchase will be on finance with an SE sized deposit to keep the repayments low.

I’ve seen a few used 22’s turn up in the shops in what looks like excellent condition so i’ll Have to see what happens there. Have a few other models on my ‘try list’. Some are PRS and some are, err...

Wouldn’t mind seeing a pic of that C22 though... :)

Right on! CITES crap would make it a pain in the a$$ to get across the pond.

Here's a before. I never cared for the blue, but loved the guitar. Then, being the dork I am, I took a big chip out of the finish when removing the studs to put the MannMade2300 studs and bridge on.

bjnVIH5.jpg

4BZTc8k.jpg

Like I said, I hated the color. So, refinished in Purple Hazel wrap, satin finish on the neck. Replace the Dragon IIs with a 59/09 bridge and 57/08 neck, and had mini toggles and a three way installed for the splits. Poor indoor pics are all I have because of the weather.

13tQWFM.jpg

9C0MO08.jpg

3RKV1wE.jpg

pYSzYth.jpg

I'm super disappointed we didn't get any new colours/finishes on the CE line. Also please PRS, have a rethink of the carve on the CE model... make the CE carve bigger and give the SE the CE carve size.

Here's a before. I never cared for the blue, but loved the guitar. Then, being the dork I am, I took a big chip out of the finish when removing the studs to put the MannMade2300 studs and bridge on.

bjnVIH5.jpg

4BZTc8k.jpg

Like I said, I hated the color. So, refinished in Purple Hazel wrap, satin finish on the neck. Replace the Dragon IIs with a 59/09 bridge and 57/08 neck, and had mini toggles and a three way installed for the splits. Poor indoor pics are all I have because of the weather.

13tQWFM.jpg

9C0MO08.jpg

3RKV1wE.jpg

pYSzYth.jpg
I like blue but that Purple Hazel finish is stunning!

bjnVIH5.jpg

4BZTc8k.jpg

13tQWFM.jpg

9C0MO08.jpg

3RKV1wE.jpg

pYSzYth.jpg

Man, and you bust on my photography skills?

Ive decided that in the new year, I'm getting shot of my Ibanez SIX27 for a PRS SE SVN. I took a look down at my headstocks on my rack today, and apart from my Spector Q4 Bass on it, they were all PRS and the Ibanez looked like something in Batman fancy dress at a Funeral similar to Del Boy & Rodney in Only Fools and Horses.

With a pair of Seymour Duncan pickups, like a Full Shred and a Sentient in the neck maybe, pickups with some girth but still clean up well enough for when i need it to clean up. Id maybe put Schaller M6 Locking tuners in it as well.

Then all i need is another something from the SE Line, for my Drop B/C Standard guitar, and I'm done guitar wise. Id say I'm 80% away from my ideal guitar rig. Would like a Singlecut SE Maple, something i can do a USA mod on the electronics with a 59/09 in the bridge and my McCarty bass in the neck.

Ive decided that in the new year, I'm getting shot of my Ibanez SIX27 for a PRS SE SVN. I took a look down at my headstocks on my rack today, and apart from my Spector Q4 Bass on it, they were all PRS and the Ibanez looked like something in Batman fancy dress at a Funeral similar to Del Boy & Rodney in Only Fools and Horses.

With a pair of Seymour Duncan pickups, like a Full Shred and a Sentient in the neck maybe, pickups with some girth but still clean up well enough for when i need it to clean up. Id maybe put Schaller M6 Locking tuners in it as well.

Then all i need is another something from the SE Line, for my Drop B/C Standard guitar, and I'm done guitar wise. Id say I'm 80% away from my ideal guitar rig. Would like a Singlecut SE Maple, something i can do a USA mod on the electronics with a 59/09 in the bridge and my McCarty bass in the neck.

Highly recommend the Holcomb SE for the Drop C. Great guitar for the price - and no need to swap pups. I even put an Alpha/Omega set in my SE-7.

And I just came to complain about the 5 things I wish they had done that I couldn't afford anyway. :D
Plus one on this!

I've got three different PRSi that I'm watching that I am so tempted to buy, none of which I was really looking for in the first place! The last thing I need is a new model that would push me over the edge!

Back