2018 PRS Experience

Good - that's a practical solution.

I've been to most Experiences, but have never purchased. In fact, I've never owned a PRS!
I hope to find a SC594 at the upcoming event.
Based on what I've seen previously, the selection really can't be beat.

Don't be afraid to ask around...If you don't see anything on the sales floor that checks all your boxes, talk to your favorite dealer...they have access to a whole back-room of instruments. That's where my one-off finish McCarty was hiding at the last Experience. And If you have a dealer you know will be there, talk to him/her ahead of time...I had told Brian what I might be looking for and when I got there he was all "there's something in the back you might like".:cool:

As far back as I have been going there is a special Experience guitar, usually killer spec for a great price and typically have the PS type eagle on the headstock instead of the signature sticker. You can search Reverb for PRS Experience and several usually come up. I had the 2011 which was terrific.
So these Experience guitars available to purchase there and then? That would be cool. I might be tempted.

And if not tempted by that, I suspect there would be something on the sales floor (or in a back room) that might tickle my fancy...

The first rule of PRS Experience is...

There is no secret VIP “tickle room” at PRS Experience.

Nope. The tickling is all done out in the open.

It's like trying to walk through a giant feather pillow....

...and all the feathers have crowbars aimed at your wallet.

My purchases at Experience are "take possession and right out the door". They were carried by the creators to my truck. I carried a guitar myself one year, but my amp on another year was carted to my truck as one of the guys who built it described a few of the nuances. No $hit. We spoke in the amp department the day before. The next day, I bought an amp on the sales floor and he took it, boxed it up, and carted it to my truck. And I was tickled.
Of course, if you fly in or don't have the luxury of being in driving distance, it's a shipping thing.

One more...

When interested in buying at the Experience, where do you go to try it out? It's too noisy on the sales floor.
Just wondering.

The factory is in an industrial park on Kent Island. There is lots of parking on Log Canoe Circle, though, the later you arrive, the farther you will walk.

Kent island is a small community. Über and taxis and the like may keep you waiting for a while for their arrival.

Take a look at the location on Google Earth.
PRS Guitars Factory
380 Log Canoe Circle
Stevensville, MD 21666

Question for those who have been there before. Is it necessary to rent a car or is it better just to Uber it to and from ?

Getting an Uber from the airport to the factory is pretty easy, but it's almost impossible to get an uber from the factory to anywhere else. We are in a pretty rural area and Uber/taxis/Lift does not cover this part of the state very well.

Getting an Uber from the airport to the factory is pretty easy, but it's almost impossible to get an uber from the factory to anywhere else. We are in a pretty rural area and Uber/taxis/Lift does not cover this part of the state very well.

And a taxi is ridiculously expensive from Annapolis to the factory... don’t ask me how I know.

Back