2018 PRS Experience

First time I didn't play a guitar, too. I spent time with the PS acoustic guys and hit the clinics. The guys I usually hang with weren't there this year. Did more on my own than I ever have. Wife went shopping in Annap most of the afternoon. I held our seats for the evening show. Didn't lose them when Paul emptied the tent.

Hey, Deli6505...
Friday night, or early Saturday, I found a 2 pack (my favorite rapper, BTW!!!) of clear w/ black bottom knobs at the tables at the back of the big tent, and dropped them back at the security/lost & found tent. Hope the rightful owner got 'em back. Yours????

Hey, Deli6505...
Friday night, or early Saturday, I found a 2 pack (my favorite rapper, BTW!!!) of clear w/ black bottom knobs at the tables at the back of the big tent, and dropped them back at the security/lost & found tent. Hope the rightful owner got 'em back. Yours????
It's quite possible! I do remember setting my bag down at the back of the big tent so they quite possibly could have fallen out! Thank you very much for turning in them in because those were exactly the style of knobs I bought but don't seem to have. I didn't find out they were gone until I got home so it's definitely my fault for not checking but in the excitement of everything going on, the thought didn't even cross my mind. Now the question is, how in the world would I ever go about reclaiming them?

Like TMB before me, I too decided to bone out early and head back home. I was very glad to have made the trip from Detroit to come to EXP2018, made some new friends, checked out the MT15 and Archon 50 and got to enjoy myself if for a little while. The only three downsides to the trip were 1: realizing that the staff member who rung up my purchases never put the replacement knobs back in the bag (and I was too caught up in the excitement to check on it), 2: not being able to purchase the aforementioned MT15 due to non-availability and 3: getting my picture with Mr. Paul and seeing how much of a friggin' whale I have become despite my recent dieting and exercising. Those things aside, it was a great time.

I man, I'm sorry about the knobs. I'll send you another set. What kind were they?

No worries, we got you covered.
It’s little things like this and good folks like Bill and Shawn that make me extremely proud to be part of the PRS clan. And I also owe a rather big apology to the staff fellow that I had believed to have not put them back in the bag when in fact it was my big dumb a$$ that had been negligent to realize that they were missing until I got home. This certainly made my day and I can’t thank you guys enough!

My wife and I had an absolute blast at Experience PRS 2018! We will be back for the next one, which I am led to believe will be 2020. 35th anniversary, get your wallets ready!

We met up with so many forumites, including @Bill SAS 513 , @11top , @markie , @toothace , @vchizzle , @jfb , @Tosca , @Fred Baer , @alantig , @rugerpc , @JustRob (and son Steve), @Texas_minor_blues , and probably a few others I don't recall!

And of course @Shawn@PRS , sorry for bugging you so much (where is "this" happening, when is "that", blah blah blah), but you are such a great source of info!

And to PRSh and the whole "family" of PRS employees, thank you very much for opening your doors, hosting the factory tour (we spent hours in there), and putting on such a great event!

And the Bands! We really enjoyed every single one of them. My wife was astounded at the bass solo at the end of the last song by Visible@Night, and has redoubled her interest in mastering that instrument. Dave Weiner is an awesome guy too.

We saw DG in our hotel lobby when we left on Sunday morning - I waved, said "thanks!", and then bothered him no further. Oh, he said something during his Clinic that piqued my interest. Something like "This guitar [the one he was playing] is an older one, a bit different in the electronics from what is in the current model." So...what has changed in the DGT over the years?

There wasn't time to do everything we wanted, which is great - we can do stuff a little different next time! More watching the bands on Friday, more actual playing guitars or amps that are available to demo, maybe less factory tour.

Oh, the one thing that was a little underwhelming was the amp demo tent - the amps were all demoed via cab sim loadboxes into headphones. The max volume was way too low, and I couldn't find a way to raise it - I assume this was to protect eardrums, but I couldn't get a decent tone out of the amp as a result (I tried two). Maybe I just couldn't find the master volume, but I looked at and tweaked everything I could find. I like to play my amps loud, leaning into the sound blasting out. I know that isn't practical - apparently not too many Experiences ago they didn't have headphones, so it was indeed a cacophony of competing loud amps. But a louder headphone set up would be nice.

And my only gripe as well...

I wanted to hear the clean tones of the MT-15, but the volume was so low I could not. Turning up the volume pushed the amp into dirt and that was all I could get out of it.

I actually feel a little bad about even bringing it up since the rest of the Experience was just so fantastic...

Back