2018 PRS Experience

Awesome list of artists! Yeah, I'd love to hit a few clinics or see them play for many of those artists, and others I am sure I will enjoy discovering, as I don't really recognize them.

So with the clinic thing, do you just sit there and listen to the artist talk about how they play or approach music or whatever? To me, a clinic is interacting with the presenter using a similar set of tools or whatever. We can't bring our own instruments to Experience, so how does one "interact" at a clinic?

On the one hand, I'd love to bring my SE Holcomb to learn directly from the artists, on the other hand not being able to play in front of him will save me lots of embarrassment. (I'm not very good at that fast djent style - I like to mess around, but I truly suck at it.)

It can vary quite a bit, and a lot is dependent on the audience. If there aren't a lot of questions, it can be almost a mini concert. David Grissom did a master class where he had someone come up and play rhythm while he showed different soloing ideas. Howard Leese demoed Heart and Bad Company licks at one, I believe (I wasn't at that one - overlap!).

Tim Pierce is a must see. I don't see Nicky Moroch, and he's a fantastic guitarist and great PRS ambassador. I know I'll have good time, but it really is a tight schedule. I'm so looking forward to David Grissom and Simon McBride at the Saturday concert.

Just signed up yesterday. I intend to drive up Sat AM (3.5 hour drive). I've never been to this and I understand that it's a rural area. What is the typical parking situation?

Just signed up yesterday. I intend to drive up Sat AM (3.5 hour drive). I've never been to this and I understand that it's a rural area. What is the typical parking situation?

Go to Google maps and look up the factory. That big circle road around the building is Log Canoe Circle. The earlier you get there, the closer to the factory you get to park.:oops:

#comfortableshoesareamust

Go to Google maps and look up the factory. That big circle road around the building is Log Canoe Circle. The earlier you get there, the closer to the factory you get to park.:oops:

#comfortableshoesareamust
You park somewhere on the big circle road. Probably far away, so yes you want comfortable shoes and to plan not to need to go back to the car very often - just once at the end of the day with your two new guitars.

Paul will let you borrow his car to move your three new guitars and amp from his parking spot to your car.

Or you could toss your keys to your friend while you stay with your three guitars, two amps, and the stool you picked up at the merch table. This would give you a few extra minutes of face time with Paul and Brian G. while you wait.

Or you could toss your keys to your friend while you stay with your three guitars, two amps, and the stool you picked up at the merch table. This would give you a few extra minutes of face time with Paul and Brian G. while you wait.

They forgot to mention that Alan and I are doing a set of a stand up comedy on Friday night.

Surprised Tremonti isn’t on the line up. Great new amp and a new album that just happens to drop on the 8th. Also isn’t starting a tour until the weekend after.
Me too. Thought he’d be there for sure. I guess they might be finalizing rehearsals for the tour but I figured he’d be there for sure. My other guitar player, Tim, will be bummed.

I'm a little bummed that Sergio won't be there but I can't wait to see JFB, Vchizzle, Tosca, alantig, rugerpc, Bill SAS 513, Brian G, Boogie, Markie, 11 top, WEDGE, Jmintzer, toothace, Danerada, and a bunch of other guys. I don't know many of the guys on the official schedule, but I'm not sure I'm going to have much time fo them. ;)

I'm a little bummed that Sergio won't be there but I can't wait to see JFB, Vchizzle, Tosca, alantig, rugerpc, Bill SAS 513, Brian G, Boogie, Markie, 11 top, WEDGE, Jmintzer, toothace, Danerada, and a bunch of other guys. I don't know many of the guys on the official schedule, but I'm not sure I'm going to have much time fo them. ;)
You just had to go and remind me what I’m missing.
Have a great time all.

I sure hope to make some new pals during my first Experience. It's gonna feel weird enough walking around and not knowing a soul there.

I sure hope to make some new pals during my first Experience. It's gonna feel weird enough walking around and not knowing a soul there.

If they pretend to accept me, you'll be fine!

Say hey if we cross paths - and check out the facial recognition thread! (Post there, too.)

Back