2018 Eric Johnson "Ah Via Musicom" Tour

flux

594 & CU24
via Guitar World:

Eric Johnson has announced that he will perform his 1990 album, Ah Via Musicom, in its entirety during his extensive American tour next year.

Huzzah! Best news I've heard in a while. Pretty extensive dates, too (for EJ standards).

With original EJ Band members Kyle Brock and Roscoe Taylor!! Awesome. That Ah Via Musicom tour changed my musical life!

Thanks for the heads up! Tickets for the Atlanta show go on sale this morning. I saw the original Ah Via Musicom tour, in fact I first saw Eric at a club in Dallas in 1982.
Always a great show!

Edit: Scored 7th row floor seats! I'll be there!

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up! Tickets for the Atlanta show go on sale this morning. I saw the original Ah Via Musicom tour, in fact I first saw Eric at a club in Dallas in 1982.
Always a great show!

I bought Floor Right, Row E seats 9-10. See ya there!

Always a great show!

Sweet!

First time I caught EJ was on the original G3 show in Auburn Hills, MI (Halloween 1996), and was just floored. I spent the following 20 years in Austin, so I was able to catch lots of shows... they're always fantastic. (The Alien Love Child lineup was especially good, sheesh.)

Does anyone remember hearing Cliffs of Dover on a soundpage record from the 86 guitarplayer magazine....damn!I was 15 back then and had never heard anything like it .The biggest wtf moment in my life :)

Im definitely going to these shows! I actually went to the Musicians Institute with his opening act Arielle. Shes an incredible singer and guitarist, check her out!

Im definitely going to these shows! I actually went to the Musicians Institute with his opening act Arielle. Shes an incredible singer and guitarist, check her out!

Very cool, welcome aboard! I attended in '91, when the frequent blocks of Megadeth covers during LPWs elicited many a vile phrase from Tim Bogert. Good times.

Looking forward to Arielle and EJ fur sure!

Very cool, welcome aboard! I attended in '91, when the frequent blocks of Megadeth covers during LPWs elicited many a vile phrase from Tim Bogert. Good times.

Looking forward to Arielle and EJ fur sure!
Ha yeah for some reason Megadeth is VERY tied into that school. The first big solo I ever ripped was "Tornado of Souls" and Nick Menza was there playing drums with us. But yeah Chris Broderick was a teacher there, Jeff Young currently is a teacher there, Chris Poland came and hung out, Kiko came and played for us, so did Marty.

What a show!

8bUt95lg.jpg

ZelghARg.jpg

sSH5NX1g.jpg

F3yEXgIg.jpg

Well, I guess I took a few pics. :oops:

Image gallery

Really fantastic performances all around. (I've seen EJ quite a bit, this one was a cut above.)

Arielle was a delight, really amazing talent, very warm & funny. She and Eric had great chemistry together. Eric was in marvelous form, Kyle & Tommy were rock solid and wonderful. (Tommy, especially, looked like he was having the time of his life. Really killed it behind the kit, whew!)

A couple of short clips:

Can't recommend this one enough if you have the chance.

Last edited:
ZelghARg.jpg

USEUbLug.jpg

F3yEXgIg.jpg

Well, I guess I took a few pics. :oops:

Image gallery

Really fantastic performances all around. (I've seen EJ quite a bit, this one was a cut above.)

Arielle was a delight, really amazing talent, very warm & funny. She and Eric had great chemistry together. Eric was in marvelous form, Kyle & Tommy were rock solid and wonderful. (Tommy, especially, looked like he was having the time of his life. Really killed it behind the kit, whew!)

A couple of short clips:

Can't recommend this one enough if you have the chance.

Too bad you didn't have good seats!

Too bad you didn't have good seats!

Operation: Camp The Website was a complete success. :D

They were about ideal... I think that's how I ended up with so many pics, I'd probably never get another chance. Great hall too, it was hard to go wrong.

Back