2018 3Q Concert Anticipation

Just announced - Seether with special guest Tremonti. No-brainer for me. Never heard anything by Seether, but I’m considering them the after-show party. I’ll probably love them. Happened with Trivium.

Just found out Dennis DeYoung is at Holiday Valley in Ellicottville this weekend. The wife is getting me a ticket from the Chamber of Commerce tomorrow.

So I made it out to see Dennis DeYoung and the music of Styx last night, and I was pleasantly surprised. Even at 71 he is quite the showman and moved quite well around the stage. His backup band was for the most part spot on musically. I found it interesting though that the guitarists had a striking resembelence to TS and JY from the 80's in appearance. The entire show was well produced and had excellent flow from one hit to another. The only non Styx song came about halfway through the set when Dennis sang his only Solo hit Desert Moon. (That brought on some feels from my youth) All in all it was an incredible hour and fifteen minute show, that I recommend to any Styx Fan, even if there was no PRS I to be found.

Life of Agony
Sept. 16th
Teaneck, NJ @ Debonair Music Hall

I'm really looking forward to this one.
I've been a fan since day one and the venue is probably 10 minutes from where I live.

The company I work for is opening a new music venue in September so I imagine I will see a bunch of shows once it opens up.

https://www.thesylvee.com

We also own and operate several other music venues, so I am pretty spoiled when it comes to concerts.

Guys, I gained a new appreciation for Kesha last night.

Macklemore did a great show; vocals were flawless, did some audience participation, a lot of fun, but ultimately just people performing over backing tracks.

Kesha, however, put on a damn good rock show. Four-piece band behind her, all live instruments, no backing tracks. It was totally not what I was expecting. Very guitar heavy with some great solos. Possibly the best part is that all pop kids were having an absolute blast, too.

They added Randy Bachman here in September - the same night I'm going to see Seether and (more importantly) Tremonti.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Beth Hart in Virginia Beach Tomorrow night.. should Be great.

If it's as good as when they were here, it will be. First time I saw Beth Hart - blew me away with that voice.

I’m going to see Nonpoint tonight, so I’ll get a little PRS action. Best part is it’s at one of our largest micro breweries in town and only a few miles from home. An Uber home is a strong possibility!

Last night was Jeff Lynne's ELO. OMG, they were AMAZING! Thirteen piece band, great sound, awesome lights. Couldn't have been any better. I know it's a short US tour, but if you're anywhere close to the cities left, and can score a ticket, go! I'm 51, and felt like a teenager compared to most of the crowd, but they were loud, and showed their appreciation.

Opening band, Dawes, who I had never heard of were really good. Tight, for sure. First song they did reminded me of the Counting Crows. By the time they were done, I was convinced they were just a great Americana band. I'd see them again, and will look for their albums

Back