2017 Fall Concert Antici....................................pation

Ovibos

Naughty Wood Librarian
I've hijacked a few threads tonight, so instead of adding to the Summer thread here's a new one!

I've got 3 in 6 nights to start November!
- Nov 1: Periphery / Animals as Leaders
- Nov 3: Dream Theater
- Nov 6: Guns N' Roses

I love DT and see them on practically every tour (Astonishing!) but am super psyched to see 3 of my fave bands for the first time.

As of now...

September has Bob Seger, Kenny Wayne Shepherd and possibly Reb Beach (or maybe John Cleese - same night).

October has some potential shows, but nothing certain. Yet. Just saw today - Davy Knowles is three hours away Oct. 29. I'm just dumb enough to go...

November has ZZ Top, Dream Theater, Olivia Newton-John and King Crimnson. And I'm almost definitely adding Periphery.

Hmmmmm.........lets see,

Sept
Deep Purple/Alice Cooper
Buddy Guy
Hamilton

Oct
As Sergio mentioned, Morris Day and The Time

That's it for the year at this time. Might do Lynch Mob in November. First time I'll be missing Dream Theater in 17 years.

October - Low - doing a commissioned composition rather than a "proper" set (Alan Sparhawk is a superb guitarist, check him out)
October - Steely Dan (with the Doobies in support, hilarious/awesome - hope Michael McDonald also "happens" to be in London at the same time, he could make that the night of all nights!)

Next April - Toto

That's all that's booked for now... the last gig I saw was Midnight Oil last month, it was almost unbelievably good. If they are touring near you soon, GO.

Might do Lynch Mob in November.
Ok funny story (maybe): as a no-name band in the early 2000's, we finally got a Friday gig but it was way out in Concord, CA. Upon arriving we discovered that 2 Live Crew had played the previous Friday, and Lynch Mob was playing the next one. This became a topic of interest as we couldn't draw flies outside of immediate SF/OAK/Berkeley and our house was negatively compared to those other groups.

First time I'll be missing Dream Theater in 17 years.
Astonishing!

Nice! I'm seeing them about a week after you.

Took a look at the one venue's schedule - they have Marilyn Manson at the end of September, and Hollywood Undead in October that are possibilities, but less than likely. Saw Manson w/John 5 in the band way back when.

I hadn't realized Periphery were touring. I really like them. Well, their music, I don't know the band members personally, but they all seem like nice chaps based on interviews. And I have a Holcomb SE.

And as it turns out, the closest they get to me is Atlanta, GA.

Growf. They can swing into Canada, playing London, Ontario (!), but there is not enough incentive to hit Central Florida? Weird.

I hadn't realized Periphery were touring. I really like them. Well, their music, I don't know the band members personally, but they all seem like nice chaps based on interviews. And I have a Holcomb SE.

Growf. They can swing into Canada, playing London, Ontario (!), but there is not enough incentive to hit Central Florida? Weird.
Met Holcomb at an in-store with PRSh at Chicago Music Exchange. Was super nice, signed my SE Holcomb backplate. He's also a good follow on Twitter.

Astonishing!

I finally got around to looking at the setlist. I knew they were doing Images & Words in its entirety, but once I saw they were doing all of A Change Of Seasons for the encore, it was a no brainer.

First time I'll be missing Dream Theater in 17 years.

Funny, it's been 17 years since I last saw Dream Theater live.

So far I'm just geeking out over John McLaughlin with Jimmy Herring in November.

ROAD TRIP! I got a guest room with a couple PRS guitars in it. ;)

Turns out I had my Davy Knowles dates wrong - Oct. 29 is Salisbury MD, which is doable but not likely. The Ohio show is Nov. 11.

November is going to be super busy for me - John McLaughlin & Jimmy Herring, Ian Anderson, and Dream Theater.

Hmmm - my wife my be right about "so many concerts". If I go to see Davy in OH and Periphery, I'll have those two and Olivia Newton-John in November - specifically in one weekend.

Back