2016 Experience Photo & Gossip Thread

Not sure what all they had there (didn't stop), but I did see at least one Mesa Boogie Cab Clone. In previous years, they had iso cabinets.

ETA: Yep, Cab Clone in that picture.

Thanks for the quick response, alantig. I thought that's what it was, but wasn't completely certain. Now I'm curious if any Forum Member tried any PRS Amp using one and was it 'close enough for jazz' to get an idea of the amp's mojo?

I played with the Archon 50 combo a little and it didn't grab me like the 100 watt Archon I played elsewhere. I thought it may have been the S2 guitar, but now that you mention it the Cab Clone was the most likely culprit.

Not sure what all they had there (didn't stop), but I did see at least one Mesa Boogie Cab Clone. In previous years, they had iso cabinets.

ETA: Yep, Cab Clone in that picture.
cabclone.jpg

Every demo station had a Cab Clone.

thanks to righteous guitars and Guitar USA Music store for feeding my habit at this year's experience

752059CA-5E08-4ACA-BB84-E8D68C50C0C8_zpsbe0q3qpp.jpg

I was not able to purchase the guy holding the guitar. I also had fun with some the forum clan, Al, Jes and a few other who's names I could not remember. And it was awesome to see the forum guitar in person!!!!

Nice, someone who shows up a 513.

Thanks, Rob. A few more decades of this stuff and I might approach "average"!

Haha! At least you played an entire song. I haven't played all the way through someone else's song in at least 20 years.
I was quickly trying to dial in a soul crushing scooped tone which my friend helped me find on the 100 watt Archon with 4x12's.. Somehow I just couldn't get the same effect.
Could've been the headphones or something else. I only spent 5 minutes mostly banging an E5 there because of the remaining nerve pain in my left fingertips so maybe I didn't try enough.

Haha! At least you played an entire song. I haven't played all the way through someone else's song in at least 20 years.
I was quickly trying to dial in a soul crushing scooped tone which my friend helped me find on the 100 watt Archon with 4x12's.. Somehow I just couldn't get the same effect.
Could've been the headphones or something else. I only spent 5 minutes mostly banging an E5 there because of the remaining nerve pain in my left fingertips so maybe I didn't try enough.

I'm really happy with the Archon. It's been so easy to dial in whatever sound I've been looking for. It has pretty much killed my amp GAS. For now.

I wonder what happened to TGS. They still stock, and I assume sell, a lot of PRS guitars (at least for Canada), but the new(ish) owners seem to have abandoned the PRS "community."
I'm sure that Brent did pretty well engaging with us PRS devotees, and there are lots of large retailers that don't engage either. Still seems a bit odd to me to give up that goodwill.
Anyway, none of my business, just seems a little curious.

I wonder what happened to TGS. They still stock, and I assume sell, a lot of PRS guitars (at least for Canada), but the new(ish) owners seem to have abandoned the PRS "community."
I'm sure that Brent did pretty well engaging with us PRS devotees, and there are lots of large retailers that don't engage either. Still seems a bit odd to me to give up that goodwill.
Anyway, none of my business, just seems a little curious.
They have a slightly different business model, in particular, doing more remotely than face to face. They do their private stock builds over Skype/FaceTime rather than in the vault. They still do a lot of PRS business and host events in the store.
They are still a good place to shop, they just do some things differently without Brent's big personality - he is certainly a force to be reckoned with (and a good friend).

Hi FenianEMT,

What colour is that McCarty 594 ? it looks fantastic !

Matt

McCarty Tobacco Sunburst. Here's a better picture (from my NGD thread):

It's funny...I have a McCarty Tobacco Sunburst S2 Vela, but I didn't recognize the color at first on the 594. It looks totally different on maple than on mahogany. Both are gorgeous, though!

Back