2016 Challenge

Good! We need more.

I tweaked the challenge from the other board to try to get people to work on something new, not just polish up something they'd been playing or were close on. It was a little like kicking myself in the knuts, though, because I had a couple things I was working on, one of which is fairly close, but disqualified by my own doing. No wonder everyone things I'm a jerk - im starting to think so, too!!! :rolleyes:

This is a good idea! Iv been dying to do some Rush Covers. Hey I think i will and mby make a video!

Do it! We just did Freewill and The Spirit of Radio during tonight's band rehearsal. I never really played Rush tunes until I joined this band and I am really enjoying it. It's nice to play stuff in odd time signatures and using interesting chord voicings.

Good! We need more.

I tweaked the challenge from the other board to try to get people to work on something new, not just polish up something they'd been playing or were close on. It was a little like kicking myself in the knuts, though, because I had a couple things I was working on, one of which is fairly close, but disqualified by my own doing. No wonder everyone things I'm a jerk - im starting to think so, too!!! :rolleyes:
You could always fake it! ;)

Do it! We just did Freewill and The Spirit of Radio during tonight's band rehearsal. I never really played Rush tunes until I joined this band and I am really enjoying it. It's nice to play stuff in odd time signatures and using interesting chord voicings.
For sure, already started! Thats cool that you guys jam Rush, the perks of a band :cool:

Well...I tried the Bach duets I was thinking of. As expected 3 had no chance of being played on one guitar, but the one that looked like a candidate turned out to have too much going on in each part to merge them without loosing a lot of the piece. Both parts are nice, but neither can stand on its own. Back to the drawing board.

Well...I tried the Bach duets I was thinking of. As expected 3 had no chance of being played on one guitar, but the one that looked like a candidate turned out to have too much going on in each part to merge them without loosing a lot of the piece. Both parts are nice, but neither can stand on its own. Back to the drawing board.

C'mon, Peter!

Just grow another pair of arms!

OK. I'll play. I've wanted to play this song (Welcome All Again) from the first time I saw Collective Soul open with it. Bryan (Queencity), Markie, and I got together for a jam at Markie's last Saturday. I wasn't sure how to play the opening riff, so I asked Bryan, and he figured it out in about 45 seconds. (Thanks, Bryan!)

Anyway, I'm playing along with the sound track to give it some reference.

That is some very legit playing, my friend!! Impressive!

Back