2015Experience

Signed my bass player and I up last night for the tour. Until they announce who is playing the concert not signing up yet since were driving up from South Fl.

So...although I'm not going to make it, the registration page mentions the possibility of new models being announced. Typically, what gets announced at such events? Limited editions that sell out right there, or limited editions available to order over the next few weeks/months, or new products that will be available for the foreseeable future?

Just trying to figure out if I need to keep my ears/eyes open for an announcement of some new limited model ("100 available" or somesuch) that exactly matches my current dream-guitar configuration (a semi-hollow P24, preferably with ebony or maple or brazzy board, maple or rosewood Pattern Thin neck, quilt 10-top). Would hate to miss out on that opportunity, and I should have funds available for such an impulse-but-bucket-list purchase...

So...although I'm not going to make it, the registration page mentions the possibility of new models being announced. Typically, what gets announced at such events? Limited editions that sell out right there, or limited editions available to order over the next few weeks/months, or new products that will be available for the foreseeable future?

Just trying to figure out if I need to keep my ears/eyes open for an announcement of some new limited model ("100 available" or somesuch) that exactly matches my current dream-guitar configuration (a semi-hollow P24, preferably with ebony or maple or brazzy board, maple or rosewood Pattern Thin neck, quilt 10-top). Would hate to miss out on that opportunity, and I should have funds available for such an impulse-but-bucket-list purchase...
Well, they typically have an "Experience 20XX" model available each year. Something that isn't a normal model or has tweaked appointments. That guitar usually has an eagle on the headstock, similar to a PS, just a bit smaller. Do a search and you can usually find them for each year. Whatever isn't sold gets taken by dealers to sell. I'm not sure how many they make. A lot of times they'll do some one off or a limited run of different finishes, like the SAS multi foil.

I'm in the same boat...will the 2015 Anniversary Event special run be close enough to my dream guitar, or is it time to spec a PS....:dontknow:

Just wondering, is the experience going to be impacted in any way with what is going on in Baltimore?

So is now a good time to join the Signature Club? Not that I plan to join the 2015 Experience Event, just to join and learn more about PRS Guitars?

One surprise - they didn't demand that I return all my guitars.

"Hi Paul, so the surprise this year is going to be my signature model, right?"

"Nope."

"How about if I order a Private Stock with LSchefman Model on the headstock? Kind of a one-off?"

"No."

"Will you make me an accordion?"

"No."

"How about a special amp with my name on the face plate?"

"Not a chance."

"Harmonica?"

"No."

"Toothpick out of scrap wood?"

"No toothpick for you!"

"Popsicle stick bird house?"

"Go away."

Last edited: