2013 S2 24 issue

JKM

hello all,
So I recently upgraded from an se 24 to it’s s2 sibling. Used deal on the web.

Overall, I love this guitar and the difference between the models is apparent. The issue I have is the pickups. I noticed looking st them when I received it from ups that the poles were really high, and both pickups were tilted. I suspected they were changed, but I contacted prs and pulled them out. Everything is right.

They both sound great after adjusting, but the switching is backwards. The treble and bass positions are reversed on the blade switch. It seems really unlikely that it passed inspection without being noticed, but I suppose it’s a possibility?

What else could possibly cause it???

hello all,
So I recently upgraded from an se 24 to it’s s2 sibling. Used deal on the web.

Overall, I love this guitar and the difference between the models is apparent. The issue I have is the pickups. I noticed looking st them when I received it from ups that the poles were really high, and both pickups were tilted. I suspected they were changed, but I contacted prs and pulled them out. Everything is right.

They both sound great after adjusting, but the switching is backwards. The treble and bass positions are reversed on the blade switch. It seems really unlikely that it passed inspection without being noticed, but I suppose it’s a possibility?

What else could possibly cause it???
Seems much more likely the previous owner took them out, then put them back in to sell but didn't wire it well.

Maybe previous owner had the swith out but put it back in backwards???? Stranger things have happened.

Guy swears he didn’t mess with them, but I don’t believe it.

So the cavity is a bit of a mess, and I don’t know if the wiring diagrams for the S2 are the same as the core. Anyone know?

In any case both black wires should be on soldered to the top of the tone pot casing?

Guy swears he didn’t mess with them, but I don’t believe it.

So the cavity is a bit of a mess, and I don’t know if the wiring diagrams for the S2 are the same as the core. Anyone know?

In any case both black wires should be on soldered to the top of the tone pot casing?
Post a pic, I doubt that's stock wiring.

e47n4w

https://ibb.co/dsMEjw
https://ibb.co/e47n4w

On my s2s bridge is black cable and the pickups should have sticker with treble and bass too, in case somehow the pickup were installed in wrong places?

I dont have same switch, mine is 3 way, but the green/white go to bottom terminal on tone pushpull like that and red is hot. So maybe flip the red wires could sort it? The ground from bridge to tone looks like bad solder, in the photo anyway

Good luck

I'd say all that goopy cold solder on the body of the switch doesn't look like the work of somebody who does it for a living. I think your seller did it or had it done.

(IOW, it's almost as bad as my soldering!)

No need resolder eveything - just rotate the switch 180 degrees (assuming the wires are long enough) and you'll be good to go.

Back