2001 hardtail bridge

nicholasjohnson

So, I've been wanting a real USA PRS for a while, and I recently found a good deal on a 2001 McCarty and bought it. Beautiful guitar, plays great, sounds great, love it. One thing though, the metal parts are kind of tarnished or oxidized, which is most visable on the bridge and pickup covers. I've been thinking of trying to polish the bridge back up a little bit. I was wondering if anyone knew whether the hardtail bridges from back then were polished aluminum like they are now, or if they were plated?

I toyed with the idea of bringing the metal on my 2001 McCarty to newish.
After thinking about it for a while I decided that the patina was cool... and I left it that way.
And I've added to it.

I think I have to make one more post before I can link in some images so *placeholder*

Also, what image hosting sites work on this forum? I tried to make a post with links from my Google drive and the links didn't seem to work.

Last edited:
I think I have to make one more post before I can link in some images so *placeholder*

Also, what image hosting sites work on this forum? I tried to make a post with links from my Google drive and the links didn't seem to work.

I used my Google drive a little, but it was kind of a pain. I think Imgur is easiest.

peV1QyJ.jpg

Oh yeah, there's the beauty shot

Everybody needs a McCarty (TM)!
Honestly, I was thinking to myself about guitars that have a hard association with a style of music like a Tele with country or an SG with hard Rock. And obviously they can play other styles, but if you show up with one, people might expect to hear a certain thing. So I thought to myself what guitar doesn't have that. And I figured if you show up with a PRS, especially with a hardtail, I don't think there's a preconceived notion. It could basically go any way. So yeah, to make a long story long, buy a McCarty. You can play anything you're able to play.

Back