2 Channel C Question

MTK

I own a 2 Channel C amp and it does not appear the EQ is working correctly on the lead channel. I can barely hear any tonal difference with the bass control turned all the way up or down. Also, when in the clean channel (where I definitely hear differences when turning the EQ knobs), if I turn all the EQ knobs to zero, no amplified signal passes through the amp (which would be normal). But when I'm in the lead channel and turn all the EQ knobs to zero, the amp is still passing a signal from my guitar. Is this normal or do I have a problem? I have had this amp for a little while, but I haven't used it recently, and I cannot remember if the amp originally behaved this way.

If anyone might have an answer it would be greatly appreciated!

Re-wording my original question.

Any 2 Channel C owners out there:

In the lead channel, if you roll all of your EQ knobs (Bass, Mid, Treble) all the way to zero keeping the volume up, do you get any sound out of the amp when you strum your guitar? How about the clean channel?

Thanks!

Any 2 Channel C owners out there:

In the lead channel, if you roll all of your EQ knobs (Bass, Mid, Treble) all the way to zero keeping the volume up, do you get any sound out of the amp when you strum your guitar? How about the clean channel?

Thanks!

On most amps, if you roll all your EQ knobs to zero, you are essentially shutting off the audio to the amplifier's power section. You're not supposed to hear any sound. On some 2 channel amps, however, some of the EQ circuit is bypassed. Depends on the amp.

Back