1997 ce 22 faded blue jean

stephan

hi everyone..i have a new 1997 ce 22 blue jean in my posession now..id like to see if anyone would have an idea of her value

i traded a 2007 sg silverburst standard for her and im curious to learn of her estimated value

Check completed listings on eBay. I'm guessing around the $1000 mark + or - without pics.

she has had a long journey from florida to winnipeg and ive owned her twice myself...long story that id like to share sometime when i have the time to write about it..but i will also

If you've owned her already, then you know all the positive stuff we are going to say. I don't think the color was Faded Blue Jean as they didn't have the color in 98 (not 97). It is certainly faded however! It was either royal blue or whale blue. I'm guessing whale blue.

It's Royal Blue that has faded A LOT.

Serial Number and shared-screw tuners put it early in 1998. The writing on the neck confirms. You'll find the color and some other details written under the bridge pickup.

If it was a straight swap, I'd say you got a great deal. It looks very clean, considering how faded it is. I suspect it sat in a shop window for a long time.

Dude that's sweet! It was most definitely royal blue...and you've got the blue back!!! I've got a '91 that has similar fading(not as much as yours). Pop the pickup rings and you should see what the top originally looked like.

she has had a long journey from florida to winnipeg and ive owned her twice myself...long story that id like to share sometime when i have the time to write about it..but i will also
I'd love to hear how you owned this guitar twice already, apparently giving her up two times but finally getting re-united again! I'm hoping she was well cared for by the interim owner(s) too!

Did you do the fading your self (on purpose or not!), did you buy it originally faded, or has it happened in between one of your ownership periods?

hi guys,,and my thanks,,so much to answer but i will

hi ap..i thought about her being a faded blue jean because ive seen whale blue and the body was one color not a splashing of many,,and seeing that this body is a multitude of splashings is what gave me the idea of calling faded jeans because in many respects it looks a lot like the faded jean accepting the designs on a blue jean is horizontal..but if you guys say its a faded blue or whale blue then im sure you have more knowledge then i do

hi garret,,i wouldnt even dare to remove any screws or anything like that lol..id be to nervous about operating on her belly but ill take your word for it,,yes im certain i made the best deal as well..my hopes was that her neck would give me the same feeling as the 97 les paul doublecut 24 fretter that i had,,with that one i barely looked at the fret board while playing,,everything else im just very clumsy on

hi tooth,,does your description of my prs increase her value somewhat,,is she rare ,,do you know if the 2000 pricetag hold water or is it worth much less

hi bodia..yes her visual beauty is what i liked most of all..sadly when my old clumsyness returned i felt and still feel a bit down,,

hi shrink..well i bought her in the wintertime and before that ive owned mostly guitars with necks that were rather made for smaller hands..then i saw her on kijiji winnipeg and decided to trade a prs s2 and a prs se that i had in my arsenal,..i never played them anyway,,tried often though..then when i saw a 88 fender in my limited knowledge i thought it was a good trade,,and man was i scorned,,i then traded the the fender for a 97 les paul dc 24 and my fingers just roared but in time i had a debt with my room mate and she needed her money so,,honor came before vanity and i sold my double cut..then not long after i got my hands on a 2007 sg,,didnt like her very much and was going to try to trade on kijiji and thats when i saw the prs again,,we made a straight swap..and no i have no knowledge in how to make a guitar fade,,i guess it happened over time?

thanks again everyone

and before i make a dink out of myself again and trade her for something shitty,,lol..is the 2000 pricetag worthy?

$2k would be very high in the US market. For example, if you listed it at that price on Reverb, it would likely never sell.

A little more trivia on the color: Whale blue guitars have scraped edge binding and the back is painted black. They came with cream pickup rings stock. Royal blue was a bit of a brighter blue, did not have scraped binding and the back was transparent blue. They came stock with black pickup rings. Both colors have a history of fading, but Royal Blue is particularly well known for this.

hi thanks garrett thats very interesting on the color fading aspects so from this point on do i consider her a faded royal blue?..2000 us yes would be to much ,,shes core shes american but shes not a 10 top noo 2000 would be to much but lets say 1600 usd,,how would that be

hi thanks garrett thats very interesting on the color fading aspects so from this point on do i consider her a faded royal blue?..2000 us yes would be to much ,,shes core shes american but shes not a 10 top noo 2000 would be to much but lets say 1600 usd,,how would that be
Ce22's are around $1000 as was mentioned above. Yours has in interesting top so that is in it's favor. Some don't like the faded color so that may or may not be a minus, depending on who you tried to sell it to. It really doesn't matter since you aren't going to less it right? I don't think you can say it is worth more than the $800 - $1200 that is the general range for that model. Still not a problem since what you traded for it was right in that ball park.

The color is definitely Royal Blue which has faded a great deal over time. The funny thing is, according to the info on the neck, the guitar was intended to be Scarlet Red. Either way, it's a cool guitar

AP515 is correct in his US market range assessment (I bought my two CEs earlier this year and they were in that range....both were on opposite sides of the range). I think that market prices are going to be strange on these due to the re-release of the model....but only time will tell. But we're not supposed to be talking numbers on here.....sooo....

That is an interesting top....one that would grab my eye in a store and make me sit and play for spell (and try to convince the wife that I needed...). Very cool guitar indeed and congrats on getting her back!

hi shawn do you personally work with prs?. awesome..are you saying that due to the serial number or the information given that my beast was always meant to be another color?..was this a last minute detail on prs's part

hi ap5,,yes 2000 canadian was quite high,,the headstock that youve seen in the picture had some wear but when i got her in trade the headstock did not look like that anymore,,she is prestine between 800 to 1200 american im guessing you meant seeing that im in winnipeg canada..my goal has always been to keep trading down the line guitar by guitar in order to get my hands on a 97 les paul double cut with a 24 fret 60's styled tapered neck,,once again..i seem to be ruined for everything else in my mind,,

Back