1990 PRS ... questions?

Thomasfxlt

New to the forum. I guess I need a few posts before I can link to pics. Serial number is a 1990 according to sites I’ve visited. Curious what anyone may know about the guitar... is it a standard, custom, solid mahogany or with a maple top? Pickups? I know it’s got the sweet switch. I’ve owned this since new and just now really playing. I like it a lot. I’ll put some pics up as soon as I can. Thanks!

A couple pics of the PRS.. The history page on the PRS website is pretty devoid of info on solid color instruments. Anything anyone may know is welcome.

Embedded below

Last edited:
Sweet switches were the norm until 91 so we will need those pics to say what model it is. There were not so many though so it is likely a Cu24, Standard, or studio model. One more post and you can add the pics!

Looks like a Standard 24 to me. The gold hardware is unusual for that year and model.

zbJ2WHo.jpg

X13Nxn7.jpg

ujBw0rn.jpg

Last edited:
The paint on this PRS is Pearl with a very fine flake and has a bluish cast depending on the light. Very cool. Curious about the pickups and if anyone has modded or changed out the Sweet Switch for a tone control?

So, solid mahogany? Some have said that they were all mahogany with maple tops?

It plays great and the neck is outstanding. I like the sweet switch but it’s a bit hard to adjust to not having a tone control. I find the tone I’m mostly looking for with the neck pickup only and sweet switch up though. Can’t believe I let this live in the case for 27 years... (I played it occasionally but never seriously). I just bought a Mesa Mark V:35 and it like them paired.

Back