12 String Acoustic

n24re

Enjoying the ride...
So has there ever been a non private stock 12 string? I am looking at something from T but would love to pick up a PRS if there is such an animal?

So has there ever been a non private stock 12 string? I am looking at something from T but would love to pick up a PRS if there is such an animal?

You are not alone. I have been waiting 5 years for one. For the record, they will not mahe one in Private Stock either, asked years ago. By next January I will wait no more. A Taylor 956 or PS56ce with florentine cutaway will have to happen. It wont be for the lack of being loyal or patient. I have a PS14ce in Cocobolo that is a complete stunner sonically and visually. Would love to have a PRS Acoustic 12 string. My Hollowbody 12 (avatar) is wonderful in every way.

Well that is disappointing. I played a 12 for the first time this week and really see the need for one in the collection!

I am looking at the 562CE

Here is the bright side. A couple of years ago, Paul dedicated some funding and resources to expanding the acoustic line. There is a thread here somewhere about it. Nothing was discussed about the actual product. Afterall they were just talking about funding and tooling up. My logical guess is the S2 line or Core line. The coreline acoustics offered a few years back in the Artist Package were on the high end at about 5800 to 6200. I think it is safe to say the price because they are no longer available. The S2 line approach with some Core touches seems very doable at a good price point in the mid 3's. Time will tell. Hopefully they will be Core models with some options. I was hoping last NAMM would have sen an announcement. So here's to next years PRS NAMM!

Back