‘88 Standard 24 market value

davesultra

Sorry if this is a taboo topic here, but would like to find out from those in the know. I’m looking at 2 different Standard 24 models, one from a shop, the other is from a private owner. Both are all original and solid, but neither is a case queen (but not beat up either). What would be fair market value for these?

I am considering the purchase of a 2004 PRS Standard 22. I cannot find anything about this model on this site nor can I find anything on google...youtube reviews...I'm wondering why. It has the body build of a core model.

Last edited:
The older standards were simply all mahogany core guitars. When Paul first started building (pre-PRS), he built his guitars totally out of mahogany. The SE standard is different from the older standards. There have always been US made all Mahogany guitars.

The older standards were simply all mahogany core guitars. When Paul first started building (pre-PRS), he built his guitars totally out of mahogany. The SE standard is different from the older standards. There have always been US made all Mahogany guitars.
Thank you for that.

Since you posted your first post, a friend of mine found an old 24 fret core standard. He’s now in tone heaven.
So I did go ahead and purchase the '06 core Standard 22 with Dragon II PUPs. A good price I believe.
mfp9vkqlp8rx73rpftmx.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations, and get ready for tonal Nirvana after you get it set up. That’s a really beautiful guitar.

Last edited:
Back